Windows 10 Random BSOD and Slow Wifi Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Swapnil Sayan Saha
  • Start date Start date
S

Swapnil Sayan Saha

I am using a Windows 10 (Build 1803) machine (an Asus S510UQ, around 1.5 years old), configuration is as follows:

• Intel Core I5 8250U
  • 16 gigs of DDR4 2400 MHz RAM (8+8 GB)
  • 2 GB Nvidia 940mx graphics + Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • 128 GB Nvme M.2 SSD + 1 TB SATA HDD

There are two problems I am facing:

1. Wifi is extremely slow on this machine. I also own a Macbook Pro and an Android Phone and the wifi speeds are normal on those devices. I tried updating the network adapter driver but the issue doesn't resolve. I also reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows and the problem still exists. I tried connecting to several different wifi (in case someone says it's the problem with the wifi network) and the speed is always slow on all wifi networks. Everyone else's Windows machine seem to have normal speeds as well. The wifi bar also randomly drops to 0 even when I am close to the router (doesn't happen on other machines)

2. I frequently encounter BSODs out of the blue, aggravated when the computer is idle or running on battery. The BSOD codes are completely random and unique as well each time so it's difficult to debug the actual issue. Examples of codes I encountered include:

• KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
  • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (Win32kfull.sys)
  • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (dxgkml.sys)
  • IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
  • KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
  • DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER
  • MEMORY MANAGEMENT

I reinstalled Windows with the hope of getting things fixed but it didn't solve the issue. I tried the DotNet Framework idle fix but that didn't work either. I now use an "Automatic cursor mover" in the hopes of keeping the computer from crashing but the computer crashes out of the blue randomly. I changed the battery with an official, fresh one but the issue is still unresolved. I tried switching and subtracting the RAM but the issue is still unresolved.

Note that I do heavy work on my machine such as training neural networks, vector designing in Adobe Illustrator, 3D modelling in AutoCAD/Solidworks, PCB Designing in Proteus etc. I don't know if such work has ruined something inside the machine.

Continue reading...

Back