Windows 10 Random BSODs even after clean install

• Thread starter Thread starter GeorgiosP
  • Start date Start date
G

GeorgiosP

Hello all!

I am facing a serious issue with my main desktop computer at the moment.

About 4 hours ago, I tried to run a new updated game, but it was unable to start. I then proceeded to update my graphics drivers (NVIDIA Dedicated GPU), and I got presented with a BSOD.

I do not remember the exact naming of the failure, however, even when I tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them, I kept getting Blue Screens, with a different message each time, that could be connected to a driver issue (KMODE Exception, Critical Process Died, Driver Overran Stack Buffer, System Service Exception, IRQL Not Less or Equal, and many more.)

I assumed it was the graphics driver, but the issue persisted even after I did a clean uninstall and had not reinstalled it.

I ran the sfc/scannow command, I ran the memory startup tests, even the Driver Verifier, and everything except the Verifier came back good. The scannow command did find some corrupt files (both before and after the clean install), but it repaired them (or so it said.) Windows also ran the checkdisk and repair during startup, but nothing was found.

The only option after a couple of hours was to do a clean install of Windows 10 again, and after a quick backup of user files, I did the whole process. I only installed the network drivers and started the Microsoft Update program (as the installation I had was 1511 if I remember correctly).

But even now, with only minimal driver installs, the problem persisted, with the same error messages, on top of which there was a failure of AMDPPM.sys, a new instance of the issue. I have since uninstalled the official driver of the WiFi adapter and installed the generic one through Device Manager, which seemed to fix the problem. Until it happened again. So now I am just trying to download the updates on windows with the computer crashing every 10 minutes.

It seems more stable now, but as soon as I try to do something more complicated like installing a program or opening lots of programs, there are higher chances of this happening.

I should also mention that I have just formatted my main C drive (an M.2 512GB drive). The secondary HDD in which I keep my videos, photos, and games was left untouched, as it had no components of the Windows installation inside it. Hopefully it is not the problem.

From what I have gathered, there seems to be a deeper issue with the AMD drivers, either chipset or something else. But these drivers are not even installed on the system currently.

Dump Files.zip Here is the link to the minidump files after I did the clean install. I will include the scannow file results as well shortly (Edit: This time, "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"). Hopefully you can check it and you can tell me if you see something worth noting!

UPDATES: New errors: Memory Management and An exception not handled with fltmgr.sys (I will upload the new mindump files in the same Onedrive Folder)

Thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate it.

SYSTEM SPECS:

AMD Ryzen 2600X

Asrock B450M Steel Legend

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB @2133MHz

MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB

WIndows 10 Home, build 1511

Continue reading...