Windows 10 Random ping spikes when connected to wifi (not just during gaming)

• Thread starter Thread starter Henrietta_567
  • Start date Start date
H

Henrietta_567

Hi,

I know that this question has been asked many times before, but none of the answers seems to solve my problem.

I bought my laptop (a Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming) a couple of months ago. When I got it not long after I started having ping spikes every 30-60 seconds which made online gaming impossible. The solution described in this post: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool/comments/4okzog/how_to_get_rid_of_ping_spikes_on_wireless_helped/
temporarily fixed that issue, but obviously that is very inconveninent so I wanted a permanent fix. I contacted Lenovo support, but none of the solutions they offered helped me, so I done a reset and that seemed to fix the problem.

However, now many months later my issue returned, even more severe than before. It seemed to appear out of nowhere with no specific new software installed or windows update. So I reset my computer again, thinking that that will fix it, but it did not. Now the temporary fix linked above does not help anymore either.

I tried all the solutions described in this post:

and this post:

None of them helped.

What else can you suggest I could try? Could this be a hardware issue?

Again, laptop type: Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming

Windows edition: Windows 10 Home, 2004 version

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back