Windows 7 Random text bug

• Thread starter Thread starter 75657686 B
  • Start date Start date

75657686 B

Hi, I've been having a problem for some months now with things happening to the text I write, first of all chunks of text disappearing on notepad after saving and adding new text, now I'm stuck with a bug that randomly causes extra letters or numbers to be written e.g. 2 becomes 22 or 3 might become 33, as well as adding keys next to the one I typed e.g. typing S or T & getting SA and TR or two of the same letter or missing out letters, then other times it most usually misses out numbers e.g. this is what I'm getting right now right here if I go along the top row 123457890, -you see it missed out the six, if I do it again 1234567890 -that time it was fine but it keeps randomly missing out 6, 8 & 9, sometimes 0 then more rarely it does the opposite & misses out earlier numbers such as 2 or 3, one time it kept putting the letter o instead of 0 which proves its up to something strange, other times it keeps not responding when a number is pressed so it might take 8 presses for it to work & then its fine again for a minute then does it all over again, it also happens with my right side number pad but happens with different numbers and happens much less often. The most worrying thing that makes you wonder if its a virus was once one day only when typing in a password it kept redirecting the text from the password box to the web address box as I typed a number in the password so before I noticed I had typed my password as the website address & pressed enter meaning someone could potentially see it & obtain it. As you can see its nothing to do with the keyboard & it changes either every day or every few seconds doing different sets of bugs, then some days it hardly does it at all or different after re-starting.

* Moved from Virus & Malware

* Original title: Random text bug /virus

Continue reading...

Back