Windows 10 Really big problem with scrolling

• Thread starter Thread starter StuB70
  • Start date Start date
S

StuB70

In Windows 10, the right hand bar moving the screen up/down has partially stopped working. I cannot click and hold down the bar for rapidly moving the screen up/down any more. I can use the up/down arrow to move the screen up and down but it's pretty tiresome on a long screenful. I primarily use this when browsing. I normally use Brave. But all browsers I've tried, don't work properly except Firefox. Also. this sidebar still works in my email clients, Postbox and Mailbird. Selecting anything from a dropdown menu is also an impossibility.

Also. I don't know if it's my imagination or not. But when using File Explorer with a lot of folders open, which is normal for me. As soon as I put my cursor on the File Explorer display, it scrolls down the screen to the end, or until I move my cursor off of File Explorer. I don't recall 100% if that was the behavior before this happen. But my feeling is it wasn't doing that before. I had to actively click, hold down, and scroll up/down. IIRC. Also I cannot stop scrolling the screen so I can choose a folder farther down the screen. Which seems odd, also.

In a SpreadSheet, after loading, the spreadsheet automatically goes to cell AMJ1, and keeps going back there. Making spreadsheets impossible to use.

I usually keep any software, windows & apps, up to date when notified by the software.

I'm at a complete loss how to fix this.

Continue reading...

Back