Windows 10 Realtek driver - microphone gain doesn't work, microsoft driver - internal speakers do not work.

• Thread starter Thread starter NKSHV
  • Start date Start date
N

NKSHV

With default realtek drivers that are automatically downloaded by windows, or realtek drivers from OEM site, my speakers work fine, however microphone volume doesn't work. It is always set to 1% and 0db gain, and using the volume sliders in microphone volume properties does nothing. I can use gain filter in OBS to confirm that. However, there is no gain for most applications, like Zoom, so essentially my microphone doesn't work as 1% volume is not enough to hear anything.

When I roll back the sound driver to microsoft one, microphone volume sliders work great and people can hear me, but now internal speakers do not work instead. While headphones do work, internal speakers are set as default device, it is displayed that they work, but they are silent.

Obviously I can't switch between realtek and microsoft drivers every time I need to use microphone or speakers. Is there any solution? I already tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times, using device manager and DDU in safe mode, no luck.

Both speakers and the microphone used to work on both microsoft and realtek drivers before, I used both of them because I had a different issue with realtek, but after some windows update it stopped working.

EDIT I tried a different realtek driver from realtek website, both speakers and heahphones and microphone work, HOWEVER when I plug in headphones, speakers don't get disabled, so I have both headphones and speakers playing at the same time. What the heck is wrong with drivers?? Every driver there is has its own issue

Continue reading...

Back