Windows 10 Recent update seems to mess with my WiFi adapter / Causing BSOD on PC restart

• Thread starter Thread starter Dmitri☻
  • Start date Start date
D

Dmitri☻

So recently I have changed internet, as well as updated windows and ever since one of the two happened (I think I narrowed it down to it being the update, due to no one else in the house having Wifi issues on any device but me) my wifi adapter has been disconnecting and reconnecting from the computer (sometimes it wont reconnect to the internet after doing this, maybe losing power??) when loading certain websites, such as Twitch.tv or help websites with videos embedded on them. It doesn't disconnect in the middle of gaming or anything which is great, but I can't seem to load a plethora of websites due to it disconnecting for some reason. Whenever it disconnects and has issues, it REALLY has issues. If I try to uninstall the device to reinstall it's drivers, it will infinitely hang in the uninstall load screen until I force close it with task manager, sometimes if I open "Network & Internet settings" it will also hang forever on the blue screen with the white cog in the middle until I force close that as well. When it starts to have these issues if I go to restart the computer it will hit me with a BSOD after about 5ish minutes of it trying to restart (Normal restart time is about 30 seconds). The last code I noticed (didn't read the others, hopefully they weren't different) was Driver Power Failure. I've done all the power settings trouble shooting that people recommend and nothing has fixed it, I've uninstalled the device AND it's drivers multiple times and reinstalled them smoothly, still not fixed. This is totally random, out of no where and really obnoxious. any help would be great

Edit: It seems to disconnect/reconnect it with spotify as well, so much for listening to music lmao

Continue reading...