Windows 10 Removal of Folder Redirection and Enabling OneDrive KFM

• Thread starter Thread starter GiovanniOtto
  • Start date Start date
G

GiovanniOtto

Good day,

We have folder redirection set on the Documents folder and we point it to the File server. I have been tasked to remove the the folder redirection and apply OneDrive KFM. I have gotten everything to work with testing on a few people but the process is not very smooth and it won't work with doing a big number of people.

The process of what I have been doing to get it to work:

- Created a group and add the user to deny the original GPO for folder redirection to be applied.

- Created another group and GPO with the redirection setting applied to redirect the documents folder back to the users machine.

- Once these settings are applied and I can see that the Documents folder is pointing to the local C drive I need to set the Redirection settings to Not Configured. Then only can I get the Documents folder to sync with OneDrive.

The step there is the problem I cannot set the redirection and leave it for a week and then set it to Not Configured and leave it for another week to get everything applied and then only enable KFM. What I am looking for is the registry setting that changes when the GPO is set to Not Configured.

Does anyone know if there is a setting like that or how I can do it differently?

I have also created a PowerShell script that forces the removal of the folder redirection. Then I deny the Folder redirection GPO and run the script and the Documents folder points to the local C drive but KFM still won't enable because it picks up that the Documents folder is still redirected. Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Giovanni

Continue reading...

Back