Windows 10 Resetting the group policies , to make this red thing ,,some settings are managed by your organization" to dissapear

• Thread starter Thread starter Marinel Cipu
  • Start date Start date
M

Marinel Cipu

So , when my OS ( windows 10 ) was installed , the person that installed it told me that i will not be able to to the windows updates , or a few of them , because i was able to make only 2 or 3 of them. The updates are downloading , then it asks me to restart the laptop , when it restarts , the updates are installing , but when the laptop turns on no update was made and it always asks me to restart , but this will not take any effect.

I opened the windows settings , then i went to ,, updates " and when it opens , it tells me to restart but again , with no reason because the updates will not install , and if i look above , i will see a red thing saying ,,some settings are managed by your organization" , and when i press on this button ,, view configured policies " it shows me this ( the image is above ). So if u see , there are 3 policies set on my laptop , so these policies are connected with group policy . What i think now , is that : the person which installed me the os made some settings connected with group policy , because he also told me that he made some settings , but he didin't told what where he made them .

what I want to do : I want to reset the policies like how they we're at begginning , and probably these policies will be reverted ( they will have the default value , maybe not configured ) , So i want to open command prompt as admin , then i want to type these 2 commands : rd /s /q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers" AND rd /s /q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy" and then i will type gpupdate /force

And probably i will solve the issue with these commands . Should I give it a try?

Continue reading...

Back