Windows 10 Right Ctrl key doesn't work with "Canadian Multilingual Standard" keyboard.

• Thread starter Thread starter Kahlon...
  • Start date Start date
K

Kahlon...

Hi

I'm using the "Canadian Multilingual Standard" keyboard layout on a Windows 10 machine. I need the Right Ctrl key function to type ligatures æ (shortcut: Right Ctrl + a) and œ (shortcut: Right Ctrl + e), but that doesn't seem to work (outside of Office 2019).

Additional details:

1. Right Ctrl works fine on other keyboard layouts.

2. Surprisingly enough, I can type the ligatures fine in Office 2019 applications (with Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard) using the Right Ctrl key shortcut.

3. Pressing Right Ctrl on OSK highlights both Ctrl keys at the same time and doesn't show any additional mapped characters.
4. Trying to look for the keyboard layout on Microsoft website gave me two different versions (both titled "Canadian Multilingual Standard"). The keys are apparently mapped in my case according to what you see in version 2 (try hovering over/clicking Right Ctrl to see the difference).

Version 1: Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard Layout
Version 2: Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard Layout

I've seen similar questions posted from several years ago, including one on ubuntu forums, which are all unanswered. I need the Right Ctrl function to type ligatures in French. If there's a keyboard layout matching the one you see in Version 1 that I can install, I guess that would serve my purpose.

Continue reading...

Back