Windows 10 Samsung SE-218GN/RSBD Ultra thin DVD Writer does not work since windows 10 update last March

• Thread starter Thread starter MrPastry_IL
  • Start date Start date
M

MrPastry_IL

Although I have used this optical drive infrequently, it has worked fine in the past. I have been trying all summer off and on to get this thing running, and it seems to be a Windows 10 issue, and I can only relate it back to the March 2019 update, as that is what shows in the properties via device manager. Cannot roll back - unsure why.

Have tried numerous times to uninstall, restart window, connect, and same thing over and over again. Shows up in the Device Manager, but as soon as a disk is installed it cycles from being detected and not detected, and will not read the disk. In details Device Not Migrated shows up, but I cannot find any help to resolve this.

There is nothing on the Samsung website. This optical drive is apparently from a joint venture company between Samsung and Toshiba: Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation Korea. Seems to be defunct, as the website is pretty useless. There seem to be too many driver and firmware scam websites out there to try and navigate. I have searched for drivers, firmware, etc. I always thought all CD/DVD drives should basically function with the basic CD ROM driver in windows.

Have actioned:

• Uninstall Device in Hardware Device Manager
  • Uninstall USB Mass Storage Device Hub in Hardware Device Manager
  • Update Driver (already best driver installed message)
  • Deleted High Filter Key in Registry
  • Connected drive to powered USB hub
  • Connect drive direct to laptop PC

Any assistance to contact Microsoft, or insights to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back