Windows 10 Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes

• Thread starter Thread starter METLHOUND
  • Start date Start date
M

METLHOUND

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that i noticed after installing a GTX 980 which replaced my RX 550. When the screen becomes dark, i.e watching a movie or playing games that have low light, the screen goes dim. If the scene remains in low light the brightness constantly changes according to the amount of light on screen. This is extremely annoying especially if im watching a show like punisher which is pretty much all at night or in a dark setting. The brightness constantly keeps adjusting which makes no sense because low light on screen becomes darker making it harder to see. If its not in fullscreen the brightness does stay constant however i suspect that the white search bar in chrome and the taskbar in windows contribute to that.

This is obviously a desktop and my monitor (LG 24M35) does not have any auto adjustment features or a light sensor. The nvidia drivers are up to date and the old amd control panel has been uninstalled. I have also found that nvidia control panel does not have any auto brightness features which leaves windows being the last problem.

I am running windows 10 x64 with an AMD A10 with all the latest updates. Even though its a desktop my power plans all have 'enable adaptive brightness' set to 'off' and am running it in the high performance power plan option. Also ran an SFC scan with no integrity violations.

In other forums and discussions people suggest using task scheduler to reset some settings but i dont have the display option under microsoft> windows.

Someone please help because this is ridiculous i just want to get through the second season of punisher and play games with the computer trying to give me a seizure or migraine.

Thanks,

Patrick

Continue reading...

Back