Windows 10 Screen changes brightness according to level of white on the screen, only when connected to TV through HDMI

• Thread starter Thread starter Mister Toad
  • Start date Start date
M

Mister Toad

So, I have just discovered this issue with my Acer Aspire 3 laptop. I shattered the screen, so being a broke college student, I decided to just connect my laptop to my 42" Samsung Smart TV to use as a monitor. Everything works fine (after adjusting some things with audio issues and only showing the display on the TV), except for one single thing, and it's infuriating. Based on the level of white on the screen, or I suppose the relative level of bright color displayed on the screen as a whole, the entire display will instantly dim or brighten accordingly. Now, say, this would be okay if I didn't play video games on my laptop or use dark mode on any of my apps. but I do both of those things. For reference, this has never happened on the laptop display on its own, and I have also looked for as many possible display and power/eco/smart-saving settings on both my laptop and TV, and none of them seem to fix this. It's almost incredible how rare this issue seems to be on the internet, given the lack of simple fixes for this issue. However, any help would be greatly appreciated, because there is NO WAY this isn't a setting somewhere for something. My Xbox One has used this TV with no issues for months now. Thank you in advance.

Continue reading...

Back