Windows 10 Screen Dimming and GPU Hardware acceleration,

• Thread starter Thread starter Akshit Gupta_001
  • Start date Start date
A

Akshit Gupta_001

Hi there, I am Akshit Gupta, I had a query about two things

First:- I have an HP LAPTOP with windows 10 2004 version, Now the issue is that, when I use it while charging (plugged in to charger), it works fine, but when I switch off the charger, and use it on battery, what happens is, its screen first stays fine for some time then it dims on itself, i raise the screen brightness, first to fullest then to the level on which i want it, it still remains dim and suddenly it goes bright back to normal, but this dimming of screen happens after every sometime, and it is a pain in head, to again and again, first brighten it then back, and then brighten it and back and then back to regain the normal brightness, if I don't do it, screen remains dim for the whole time, I thought it was for saving the battery or something, but screen goes too much dimmer that it is difficult to see the screen. i need to do this procedure of brightening and dimming after every like 10 minutes or so, Do you have any solution to this?? I searched on web about it and everywhere it almost said about changing or doing something with the battery power plans, I tried following them but I couldn't find any of the options or solutions they were recommending, some were saying to change some display adapter settings, in the advanced power settings or something, in the power plans, but there was no option of any display adapter settings there, I am using HP POWER PLAN(which is recommended in HP laptops). Pls Help me with this?!?

SECOND:- I wanted to ask what does this setting of "Hardware accelerated GPU- scheduling do in the "Graphics settings" in windows 10.I do some gaming also on my laptop, Is this feature useful or does this feature harm?? I have a low end Graphics Card (MX 250). Would This feature Be useful to me? Should I enable this feature , I couldn't find any satisfactory results regarding this. Please help me with this, it would be a great help.

I have an HP PAVILION 15 cs3006tx.

HP Pavilion - 15-cs3006tx Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support Pls visit this link for more details if required

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back