Windows 10 screen/input shutting off randomly, only in Tablet Mode

• Thread starter Thread starter Jusherechillin
  • Start date Start date
J

Jusherechillin

I hope that ive filed this correctly.

Ive been enjoying my laptop for almost 2 years now, without an issue like this.

Ive also seen issues similar or the same as this on other threads, but the advice given there didnt seem to work/apply.

I have a Samsung Notebook 9, and recently, as ive switched to tablet mode, the screen will sometimes shut off. when this occurs, the computer is still fully on, all apps open, but will not receive any input from the screen nor keyboard (confirmed this by unfolding the computer and trying to make changes based on what i was doing at the time, and no changes occur, or general options like ctrl-Alt-Delete) .

the only solution is to shutoff manually, and turn back on, where things work fine again initially. (there was one time where windows hello was about to scan my face for something, but this happened and it didnt do that after the 'blackout')

this problem doesnt occur outside of tablet mode, and this problem occurs very randomly, sometimes within a few seconds after switching to tablet mode...other times not at all, other times after 7 minutes. no consistent timing at all, sometimes the timing is regular, and other times it is irregular.

on very few occasions, ive seen a round blue loading thing (im not opening any apps, just using Microsoft One Note generally, although it happens regardless of activity) and/or ive seen a white dot (again this event is somewhat rare)...however, the task manager shows that no actual programs opened up, nor any existing ones change activity during this time the situation occurs. (ive monitored the task manager as the situation happens many times.) sometimes the screen will just come back on naturally after some amount of waiting, but thats just as random.

one solution elsewhere was to update drivers, all windows and Samsung drivers are updated, so its not that.

another solution was a possible virus, but ive done multiple virus scans, and it still does it.

a.) its perhaps less likely to do it, when the computer is plugged in, but i dont have battery issues or anything like that going on..

b.) on some occasions, it appears to not happen and/or happen as frequently
when photoshop or the prepurchased graphics software (installed by manufacturer) is open (dont know why it was automatically opening up for the last few weeks but it hasnt recently)

c.) it seems less likely or less often to happen while actively using photoshop.

d.) at home it seems to happen infrequently, some classrooms, often, other classrooms not often. (with and without internet or other connections turned on)

but all of those last points arent too consistent, just a somewhat correlation, as sometimes these 3 points dont matter at all, and sometimes they seem to.

after all this personal investigation into the properties of this problem, im not

really sure what i can do or how to fix it, especially since the things i would initially suspect, arent consistently a possible factor.

Continue reading...