Windows 10 Screen turns off and immediately turns back on when Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5050 wireless UCB dongle is plugged in to any USB port

• Thread starter Thread starter Peter LWard
  • Start date Start date
P

Peter LWard

I spent an hour with Dell Technical Support trying to figure out why my four large screens never turn off. At whatever time is set in "Power & sleep" the screens turn off, go black, and then within seconds come back on. Everything works fine if I use a wired keyboard and wired mouse. But it fails as soon as I plug the dongle in, even if the batteries are removed from wireless keyboard and from wireless mouse. Previous discussions in the MS Community mention this problem and one user says his 5000 keyboard works fine, but not his 5050 keyboard. 5000 keyboards are hard to buy these days and are very costly. Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem or do I have to avoid using Microsoft keyboards?

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell Precision 5820. I only have a ScanSnap scanner and a label printer directly attached to my USB ports. All software is up to date and all drivers for keyboards are up to date. We have checked and unchecked boxes such as "Allow this device to wake computer" with no improvement either way.

Continue reading...

Back