Windows 10 Seemingly completely random crashes and BSOD's - at least once a day.

• Thread starter Thread starter Tyas van den Bergh
  • Start date Start date
T

Tyas van den Bergh

Okay, so since owning my computer (few months now), it's pretty much been doing the following:

- complete freeze, requiring me to reset the system using the reset button on the tower

- BSOD with different error messages and causes

- instant and total resboot of the entire system without warning

At least one of these things happens every single day, at least once. The weird thing is, it's never at a set event - it can happen during boot-up, right after logging in, during program start-up, in a program, idle on desktop, and so on. Sometimes it happens just one time, but there was also a day where it happened seven (7) times in a row. For illustration, I've compiled a short list over the course of just one week in December, showing what the computer was doing and what kind of crash happened. It also includes a list of programs that are always running in the background, and my system specs.

-x-x-x-

12-12: Computer freezes completely during internet browsing (Chrome), hard reset required
12-12: BSOD "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap". Computer was idle on dekstop (then went to BIOS for boot drive selection, never happened before)
12-12: BSOD "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". Computer was idle with Ableton Live 10, Spotify and Chrome running.
12-12: Dark Souls (game through Steam) shuts down unexpectedly.
12-12: Dark Souls shuts down unexpectedly.
12-12: Dark Souls shuts down unexpectedly.
12-10: Manual computer restart to attempt fix (worked).
14-12: BSOD "mmcss.sysPTION NOT HANDLED". Computer was playing a YouTube video.
15-12: BSOD "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" (what failed: win32kfull.sys). Computer was playing a YouTube video.
16-12: BSOD "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". Computer was idle on YouTube.
17-12: BSOD "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" (what failed: win32kfull.sys). Computer was performing manual restart. Didn't reset to old picture.
19-12: Computer freezes completely after Ableton VST Deep Scan, hard reset required.
19-12: BSOD "Memory Management". Computer was running League of Legends (game).
19-12: BSOD "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA". Computer was running League of Legends (game).
21-12: BSOD "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". Computer was launching Ableton. Computer then froze completely during BSOD error info collection at 0%, hard reset required
21-12: Van Helsing (game through Steam) shuts down unexpectedly.
--
Programs always running:
- Rainmeter
- Steam
- Wallpaper Engine
- FalconX (centers icons on taskbar)
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Driver
- Samsung Magician
- Avira

System summary:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home
- AMD Ryzen 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
- ASRock X570 Pro4
- Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB (boot disk)
- Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB
- G.Skill Aegis DDR4 2x16 GB 3000 Mhz

Connected peripherals:
- CoolerMaster mouse
- CoolerMaster keyboard
- Samsung S22D390 monitor
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface
- TP-Link Wireless MU-MIMO USB Adapter
- Akai MPK249 MIDI Keyboard (not always on)

After BSODs and hard resets the pre-login picture, which usually changes every day, always resets to the same, older picture (except for 17-12).

-x-x-x-

All my drivers are up to date (according to Windows itself). The system used to be up to date, but since a day or two now it keeps trying to update but failing (2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4534273) -Error 0x800f0805) as well trying and failing to install the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Here's the Drive link to the minidump file: Minidump - Google Drive

Continue reading...

Back