Windows 10 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' turns on on its own

• Thread starter Thread starter LauraStreib
  • Start date Start date
L

LauraStreib

I have a 2017 Surface Pro, recently my computer has been making a sound like the ticking of a watch. When I check my task manager

'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' is turned on, when I force quit this program the clicking stops. This happens when I haven't been using my camera or anything with video capture, so this program shouldn't be on. After I force quit the program, it often turns itself back on, sometimes immediately. One of my computers cameras also turned itself on recently, noticed by the red light, and I had to restart my computer to get it to turn off. The 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' takes up a significant chunk of my memory. This is a problem because I've been having trouble with programs crashing, even Google Chrome crashes saying I don't have enough memory. When this started happening I deleted unused files and programs, so I don't think I've actually run out of memory. What can I do to stop 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' from turning itself on?

Continue reading...

Back