Windows 10 Severe Bug with the Windows' 10 Battery Driver, causing seldom sleeping/hibernation/shutting down

• Thread starter Thread starter FANMixco
  • Start date Start date
F

FANMixco

I have been for around 3 years reporting this terrible bug with no results.

There is a bug and I'm not only the one facing it. The PC "detects" a critical battery level and just shuts down, sleeps or hibernates. You could even have even 99% of the battery charged and still goes to sleeping/hibernation mode. How hard is it to add an additional validation to check it? Or maybe at least a timer like in macOS? It's so odd that I have reported this for years without any progress, not even an Official Microsoft answer.

Tickets ignored
in the Feedback Hub:

1. Windows Insider Program
  2. Windows Insider Program
  3. Windows Insider Program
  4. Windows Insider Program
  5. Windows Insider Program
  6. Windows Insider Program

From my conversations with my friends (with other PC brands), they also experience it on regular basis and no one is taking any action. The first link even shares the issue in action. I was recording the "bug" using the Event Viewer when it slept immediately with around 80% of the battery charged.

Moreover, the issue is so critical that in the Q4 in 2020 my PC was charging, it installed the latest Windows 10 patch, and while it was "restarting", it crashed giving me a Blue Screen of Death related to a Battery Failure. This happened when it was connected to the electricity with around 80% of the battery charged.

This is my version current of Windows in Dec 2020:

To be honest, I don't know where else I can report it. It's completely insane behavior. The engineers are ignoring it for years and the Spring 2018 update made it even worst. Before at least it showed you the notification only. Now, it directly hibernates/sleeps/shuts down without giving you an option.

Does anyone know a workaround to avoid this? I have tried several things, for example:

• I changed the battery configuration.
  • I enabled the USB settings to keep working even when the PC is sleeping.
  • I installed all optional updates, including the drivers' ones.
  • Among many others.

Nothing works. Something has to be done!

P.S.:

This is a stable version of Windows 10, not any from the Insiders.

Continue reading...

Back