Windows 10 Sleep/shutdown problems

• Thread starter Thread starter Matthew20Scott
  • Start date Start date
M

Matthew20Scott

I have been suffering from a wake from sleep/on from shutdown problem for a while now. On all current updated windows 10 20.04, chipset drivers for mobo mobo and processor, current radeon drivers for gpu. All current optional windows drivers have been tried as well.

My rig:

MoBo- Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite (F20 bios)

Processor- Ryzen 7 2700x

Ram- 4x8gb 3200 G.Skill Ripjaws V

GPU- MSI Rx570 Armor MK2 8g OC

PSU- EVGA Supernova 750G2 80plus Gold

Storage- m.2 nvme 500g Western Digital Black

2.5 ssd 1tb Silicon Power

3.5 hdd 1tb Seagate

Monitors- Acer ET322QU 32" WQHD (display port)(main, horizontal @1440p 75hz

Asus VA24EHE 23.8" Full HD (HDMI)(second, vertical @ 1080x1920 75 hz)

Computer runs great under normal usage. Exceptionally well in all games on high/ultra settings. Problem occurs when putting computer to sleep or shutting down. When trying to wake up or start up after shutdown, computer appears to turn on, but the displays get no signal and the gpu fans do not turn at all. They briefly stutter to turn as the system comes back, buy only for a millisecond to make the fans twitch.

I have tried other graphics card which also do the same thing. I have tried everything i can, from changing power settings and sleep options. Changing what can turn windows on and what windows can turn on and off to no avail.

When the system does go to sleep and it is woken up the only way to fix the problem is to hold the power button until shut down and then flip the switch on psu of and on. Then when the system boots next time it is as if nothing occured.

I have errors showing up in the "Problem Reports" as hardware errors:

Problem: Hardware error

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

LiveKernelEvent

1a8

10_0_19041

0_0

768_1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back