Windows 10 Slow boot up times and now a BSOD

• Thread starter Thread starter benwindu
  • Start date Start date
B

benwindu

Hello everyone,

I recently built a new computer about 2 ½ weeks ago. Suddenly it started having boot times after it had been off for a prolonged amount of time of about 90-120 seconds. I have been attempting to troublebshoot this issue but havent been able to resolve it. Last night while playing a game I received a BSOD that was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. I’ve attached a image of the BSOD details to this post. I’m curious as to whether this BSOD might be related to the slow boot times. MSI support suggested to update to the most recent BIOS to resolve the boot time issue and I did that last night after thr BSOD, unfortunately it does not appear to have resolved the boot time issue. What is odd about the boot time issue is that when I turn on the PC the GPU/RAM/Mobo will light up but my monitors and peripherals will not light up until I hit the MSI splash screen which typically takes about 90-120 seconds. What’s odd is that this issue does not appear when the PC has only been off for a short amount of time.

If anyone can help me troubleshoot these issues it would be greatly appreciated. I am currently attempting to rule out the RAM being an issue, the RAM passed a 2 hour test on Memtest86 but is now stuck at 21% with the extended Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool.

My system parts are as follows: PCPartPicker Part List:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 UNIFY ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Continue reading...

Back