Windows 10 Something causing Mouse delay (or USB port)

• Thread starter Thread starter L death soul
  • Start date Start date
L

L death soul

For i think a little over a month now my mouse has been randomly freezing every day. i don't think the mouse itself is at fault though.

My laptop model is G551VW. (Asus ROG)

i'll list all the things i've noticed about the problem.

1: the freezes occur a random number of times a day, as few as one.

2: the freezes happen a random number of times each time the freezes happen, (E.G. it will freeze for a couple of seconds and then unfreeze for a couple of seconds and then freeze again for a couple of seconds and then freeze again, and so forth until whatever is causing it to happen stops).

3: the length of time each individual freeze lasts also seems random, (E.G. a freeze can last for half a second or it can last for 4 seconds).

4: the laptop's touchpad can still move the cursor while the mouse is frozen, so the computer and cursor themselves aren't frozen.

5: there is no connect/disconnect sounds or messages that you would expect if the mouse was disconnecting.

6: the cursor seems to move and perform actions (clicks) that i have made with the mouse while it is frozen as soon as the mouse unfreezes. which to me suggests that something is maybe delaying input from the mouse into the USB port?

7: if i check the event viewer as soon as the freezes stop i generally see at least one of the following events.

---------------------------------

Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category

Information 16/09/2020 9:47:25 PM Service Control Manager 7040 None The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.

Warning 16/09/2020 9:43:40 PM Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger 17 None "A corrected hardware error has occurred.

--------------------------------

Component: PCI Express Root Port

Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x3

Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0

Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A113&SUBSYS_1D3D1043&REV_F1

Secondary Device Name:"

The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware on this computer cannot be provisioned for use automatically. To set up the TPM interactively use the TPM management console (Start->tpm.msc) and use the action to make the TPM ready.

Error: The TPM returned an unexpected result.
Additional Information: 0x140000

( this error appears a crazy large number of times in the event viewer, as much as 6 times per second in some parts of the viewer.)

The initialization of the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) failed. The TPM may be in failure mode. To allow diagnosis, contact the TPM manufacturer with the attached information.

The TBS device identifier has been generated.

The TPM has been cleared. Reason: SRK has changed or is not present..

sometimes none of these events appear at the time the mouse freezes. but i noticed in the security part of event viewer there are events that say the following.

Special privileges assigned to new logon.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Privileges: SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

SeTcbPrivilege

SeSecurityPrivilege

SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege

SeLoadDriverPrivilege

SeBackupPrivilege

SeRestorePrivilege

SeDebugPrivilege

SeAuditPrivilege

SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege

SeImpersonatePrivilege

SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege

--------------------------------

An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:

Account Name: DESKTOP-46FFHR0$

Account Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon Information:

Logon Type: 5

Restricted Admin Mode: -

Virtual Account: No

Elevated Token: Yes

Impersonation Level: Impersonation

New Logon:

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Linked Logon ID: 0x0

Network Account Name: -

Network Account Domain: -

Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Process Information:

Process ID: 0x31c

Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\services.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: -

Source Network Address: -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: Advapi

Authentication Package: Negotiate

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon session is created. It is generated on the computer that was accessed.

The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created, i.e. the account that was logged on.

The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The impersonation level field indicates the extent to which a process in the logon session can impersonate.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

--------------------------------------

the things i have tried to fix the problem include, doing a complete computer virus scan with Avira, doing a SFC scan in CMD, doing a DISM in CMD. none of these scans found any viruses or errors. i have also tried uninstalling some drivers (cant remember exactly which, but i think the PCI port driver was one of them, and then restarted my computer so they could reinstall but that didn't fix it. and i also tried starting my computer in Clean boot settings (as per microsoft support's suggestion) but even in Clean boot the freezes still randomly occur. the freezes can happen at any time regardless of if im just browsing the internet or if im playing videogames. if anybody knows how to fix the problem, PLEASE TELL ME!!! as a gamer its driving me crazy :(

Continue reading...

Back