Windows 10 Sound cutting out when multiple programs are open.

• Thread starter Thread starter KingK9
  • Start date Start date
K

KingK9

Recently, my sound has been cutting out when I have multiple applications/programs are open. For example, I'm in a call with my friends on discord while playing a video game but also have music or a YouTube video playing. Sometimes, when I am switching between voice chats in discord or I try to pause my music or YouTube video, or even seemingly randomly, my discord audio cuts out entirely. I can still see the green activity circle when some talks, but I have to leave and join multiple times before it fixes itself. And then it inevitably happens again minutes or hours later. Sometimes, though, I try to leave the discord call and the application is unresponsive entirely. The same thing can happen with a video game I'm playing. The game freezes and I get the error message that it's not responding. And the same thing can happen with Spotify, too. Initially I thought it was an issue with discord and I contacted them but they said to call my ISP and reset the connection to the gateway, but no one else on my wifi was having any issues whatsoever. I have tried many things to try fix this, like updating my headset drivers or my GPU drivers. Or following online troubleshooting tutorials. One thing I have noticed is that no matter what, without fail, any time I join a discord call, the sounds that happen when you join or leave a voice chat, lags by a few seconds, and this is whether there are 20 programs open or just discord. I have a feeling this is problem with my CPU or GPU or something that is more difficult to fix, but I do not know how to go about solving any issue with that because I fear that I will mess something up and cause a much bigger problem. I don't know what is causing this issue and it has persisted for months now and I was determined to solve it on my own, but I simply cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back