Windows 10 Special characters no longer appearing in windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter StephenM237
  • Start date Start date
S

StephenM237

I have many apps and documents on my PC that use special characters, such as Greek letters, Cyrilic letters and Symbols in addition to the (American) English that is predominate. Previous to the most recent update, all special characters appeared without any difficulty where I wished them to appear. Since the update, all special characters have been replaced with either a ? or a ▯, depending on which application is used. This extends to the Character Map app, which will show only some of the characters (only those represented on a U.S. keyboard) instead of all of the characters for each and every font.

I have attempted to change the default Windows 10 font from Segoe UI to Segoe UI Symbol to solve the problem, but it seems that Segoe UI Symbol has no letters so all the text is replaced with ????????. Segoe UI has only the most common American letters and symbols and nothing else.

This error is appearing in Word documents, Notepad documents, MP3 titles and tags, icon names, websites, and others.

How do I continue to include all the unicode symbols, especially the special characters, on my desktop and in all the apps?

Continue reading...

Back