Windows 10 splwow64.exe - Entry Point Not Found

• Thread starter Thread starter John Soo
  • Start date Start date
J

John Soo

Dear experts,

I have recently installed a Canon printer (LBP623Cdw), and everything was working fine until I had a problem with my Microsoft Office 365 (something to do with the Sensitivity Label, it keeps asking me to set a label, but yet it couldn't find the template or etc). So I had to reinstall Office 365 multiple times, even using Microsoft Support and Recovery System to do a clean uninstall.

After the reinstallation, my printer stopped working. When I click print in Microsoft Word, this appears:

It says: The procedure entry point ColorAdapterClientUpdateDeviceProfile could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\mscms.dll.

I could click ok, but when I try to print the document, another error box appears:

I have tried several things thus far, but my printer still does not work:

• Stopped and restarted the printer spooler.
  • Did some edits to the registry (I'm not sure what I did, I just followed some of the instructions found online).
  • Uninstall and reinstall the printer, both USB and wireless.
  • Contacted Canon, to which they troubleshooted and said that the driver has been installed fine, it is now a Windows a problem.

I've searched everywhere for a solution, the only thing I haven't tried is to download and replace the mscms.dll file (I'm not sure what it is). I'm thinking that it might be a registry thing that was deleted, but I'm not entirely sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back