Windows 10 Spotlight Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter LMGR68
  • Start date Start date
L

LMGR68

Hi guys

I believe this is the hottest thread of windows 10 and probably I should join one of the already opened discussions, but I want to describe in detail my situation. Well I have tried everything found in dozens of different sites including but not limited to:

1. Reset spotlight

2. Re-register spotlight
3. Clearing the assets folder
4. Clearing the settings folder
5. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
6. sfc /scannow
7. Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
8. Get-AppxPackage -allusers ContentDeliveryManager | foreach {Add-AppxPackage “$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml” -DisableDevelopmentMode -register }
9. Set ALL background apps to enable
10. Run troubleshooters
11. Change the Region to US
12. Install .NET Framework 3.5
13. Delete everything under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative
14. Delete everything under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager
15. Delete entirely C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy folder
16. Clean install (boot from USB drive, format drive C:, install Windows 10 Home 20H2 OS Build 19042.685)

I tried all the above in every single combination with and without spotlight enabled and always waiting for a couple of days before do the next step.

Now after the last clean install and after executing the step 8 (2 days later than the install) I‘ve got this:

From the second picture you can see that there are missing information about the image paths etc. Also in the assets folder there are not any images, except some small size images irrelevant to spotlight.

I’ve also checked the registry settings of ContentDeliveryManager in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager. I found out that subscription 338387 is responsible for spotlight because ContentID value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-388925731-286954260-913575234-1001\132539184666199690 is the same with ShortContendID value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\Subscriptions\338387. And here is the screenshot:

If anybody has any new instructions or has any clue about what is going on, I would appreciate to hear that.

I know that there are third party apps which do even better the same task with spotlight, but I am a stubborn idiot who likes to fix it.

Best regards

Continue reading...