Windows 10 SQL Server Express 2017 Installation Fails

• Thread starter Thread starter HenryLiveAcc
  • Start date Start date
H

HenryLiveAcc

Hi

I am trying to install SQL Server 2017 Express on my Laptop on which I am an Administrator.

It just fails with:

Unable to install SQL Server (setup.exe).

Exit code (Decimal): -2068052310Error description: An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlncli.msi'.

Then the location of the Log file which is in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Setup Bootstrap\Log

So how do I resolve this???

Looking at my Folders and Apps & Features I seem to have various earlier SQL Server files/Apps installed - From 2012 (11.x), 2014 (12.x) and 2016 (13.x)!

BUT - I think these must have been installed by other Programs/Apps using some SQL Server features as I have not installed SQL Server?!?

Is the error above saying it cannot uninstall (or configure) SQL Server 2012 Native Client? - If so how do I resolve this?

FYI - I have ODBC Drivers "SQL Server" 10.00.19041.01 (SQLSRV32.DLL) and "SQL Server Native Client 11.0" 2011.110.7462.06 (SQLNCLI11.DLL), since I have been accessing remote SQL Servers via ODBC!

So is it the ODBC Driver causing the issue? - I still need ODBC access to a SQL Server (2014?) and to Azure SQL!

Help please as I am stuck and I need to do work with SQL Server Express. Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back