Storage Space unavailable as Default Save Location (Windows 10)

• Thread starter Thread starter rhustwit
  • Start date Start date
R

rhustwit

Running Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (latest Insider Preview).

Have OS and apps on a SSD (NTFS, mounted as the "C:" drive), and then 4x 3TB SATA disks comprising a Windows Storage Space (mirrored), with an NTFS volume provisioned to it, and mounted as the "J:" drive, for data.

Problem is, if I go to System -> Storage to try to change the default save location for Apps/Pictures/Music/Videos/etc, the J: disk does not appear as an option, neither at the top where the volumes are listed, nor as an option in the drop-down.

If I add a single disk to the system, be it internal or external/USB, it appears as an option without issue - I just cannot seem to get the Storage Space volume to appear. Otherwise, the volume works fine - I've got plenty of data stored on it, and it's accessible through Windows Explorer, etc.

Is this an incompatibility between Windows Storage Spaces and the new default save location control panel widget?

One thing I did notice is that if I stop, then restart the Storage service, the volume will appear very briefly in the System/Storage control panel, but quickly disappear again as an option.

Continue reading...