Windows 10 Strange Update issue thats creating what seems like an impossible exit.

• Thread starter Thread starter IIEleven11
  • Start date Start date
I

IIEleven11

I'll TRY and keep this short but whats happening is I am being prompted quite regularly to update, and I would love too but I cant. I've been trying for weeks now. It used to say there was a service error, a specific service wasn't started or something like that. At this time the update would get to 10% then stop and then error out. Somehow I fixed that, now the update gets to 99% then starts back at 0% goes to around 70% and errors out with "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0xc0000005)". So I did some google searching and i'm pointed to use the trouble shooter, but when I run that, it crashes with the error "Validating the integrity of the troubleshooter failed".
I do some more google searching and i try and change to the "Dev Channel", no luck. Then I realize i'm supposed to have Dev channel turned off. I try that and no change (I tried all three insider options). So whats weird is I'm being told I need to update because of the channel i'm in but its the channel itself that isn't letting me update. So no matter what I do it will come full circle and point to these two issues.
I have run SFC /Scannow and it says I do have corruption that cannot be fixed. I tried it more then 3 or 4 times to no avail. ChkDSK comes back clean and DISM scan/check/restore health comes back clean. I downloaded EaseUS Partition Manager and did the disk check, it came back clean as well. So finally I decided, ok I'll use the media creation tool BUT... I cant back up anything because every time i try and go into explorer my USB Thumb drive isn't showing up, I then go into device manager and I get "An administrator has blocked you from running this app...mmc.exe...". I am the administrator, its my PC. This error also appears with Event Viewer and a few other windows built in tools. This is by-passed by selecting "run as administrator" for specific applications while others will continue to throw the error. I can further enter in some of these applications with the use of "Tweaking.com's Advanced System Tweaker".
I do not want to and cannot do an in place upgrade without backing up my files. So i'm pretty stuck here, as you can see I have tried a lot. I did contact a Windows or Microsoft live support agent and he brought me to my motherboards (ASUS) website and had me download a bunch of outdated drivers and executables for stuff I don't want or need then told me if it didn't work to use the media creation tool. All of my drivers are up to date and i'm getting no yellow exclamation points in device manager. I'm tired of searching through google. I've made some more elaborate attempts in powershell and cmd with no luck as well. I have run Malwarebytes, Windows Defender, Rogue Killer, TDSSKiller, and WMRT. I think I can rule out virus/malware/rootkit (maybe). Please anyone that can help it would be greatly appreciated. The update prompt interrupts over all windows even in game or full screen video. It actually minimizes my entire game to tell me this. Its quite annoying. Thank you. If needed I can produce CBS logs or pictures of anything.

Continue reading...

Back