Windows 10 Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10

• Thread starter Thread starter RebeccaSapp
  • Start date Start date
R

RebeccaSapp

Ugh!

Running Win 10 (I think Home edition, but not certain because I had a new hard drive installed a couple of months ago). 64-bit.

3 days ago the computer did an update over night. In the morning, I was unable to see either of my monitors, which were plugged into the Nvidia graphics card. I unplugged one monitor, plugged it into a separate HDMI port and got my screen. I tried a system restore to an earlier date, but that didn't work. So, I went into BIOS to re-enable multi-monitor. However, the computer still wasn't recognizing the graphics card. I went back into BIOS and enabled Vt-D (no, I do not know why I tried that), but I got the Blue Screen of Death, Critical Process Died message. Yikes. I went back into BIOS and disabled Vt-D, but I still get the Critical Process Died error.

It continues to loop back to the BSOD. I can't enter safe mode, I can't go back to an earlier restore point, I can't restore, and I can't reset. I created a Win 10 media CD and booted from that, but it tells me that the installation is not compatible and I have to install from my computer, which I obviously can't do. So, I am stuck in an eternal loop of death.

HELP!

Continue reading...