Windows 10 Sudden Decrease in PC performance windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter Loganw97
  • Start date Start date
L

Loganw97

this started happening just yesterday my computer has the following specs for further details

CPU- i7 6700k 4.0ghz

ram-32 GB

GPU- sli 2x1080

so lets get to the issue at hand my pc usually runs great can watch any videos with ease or play any games with high fps but yesterday it started with slow start up it will get to the point right before the login screen it will black screen for maybe 10-20 sec then it will show the login screen after logging in it will take a few seconds to actually login i have disabled almost all start up except for anti virus and steam and discord which these never caused issues in the past. anyways so next i notice my computer just doesnt have the same speed as it did its not massivly slower but on games such as over watch or league it will have terrible lag now spiking from 30-100 fps but feels way worse then that i usually have a stable 100+ at all times. nextly there is audo cracking and stuttering its not hard core but it is very much noticeable so i have done my research i ran may commands via command promot such as dism with no luck two things i have noticed and idk if they are connected to what is causing the issue is my computer has huge spikes in cpu usage and its not just from one process one that has been cuasing it alot though is system interrupts i run a dianostigv and it says i am getting about 400000+ interrupts per second which seems pretty freaking high. another thing is i tried to do start up repair and windows gave me the error that start up repair is unable to repair your computer anny ideas on how to fix this is greatly appericated

btw side note idk if this could cause any of these issues but my inter has dropped a bit and comcast is coming to fix it but its at 100 which it is stuggles to reach and its usually at 300mbps + download the ping is at about 10-20

Continue reading...