Windows 10 Suddenly unable to access USB Drive

• Thread starter Thread starter heliosophe
  • Start date Start date
H

heliosophe

I have had this USB drive for1 year, it has been formatted and I have been using it daily. Suddenly this morning, I plug it in, click on it to open and it says"

"F.:\is not accessible. Access is denied". I went through all of the processes to check the Security......

"You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object" I click Advance and I see " F:\\ Unable to display Owner"

I continue the steps to change: Owner/Aministrator/ Owner/ Authenticated users (I tried all of these individually),

A message pops up, I don't have "access to read files.....Do you want to change to have full access?"

I click "yes" it processes and says "F:\System Volume Information " " Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied" ....

Not knowing what else to do I click "Ok" it says if I have just taken ownership, close out and reopen to take effect.

As I clocse out, I see that it has changed to F:\\ Owner....

I check the "Effective Access" tab everything is checked, I appear to have access. I close out totally, even reboot the computer.

Go to the USB DRIVE and "

F.:\is not accessible. Access is denied"

I am at a loss. I have other drives that I have checked, their access is open. The only difference I see is that the trouble drive is "F" and the other is "E". No matter where I port it, it is always up as "F".

One person suggested to change that, but I don't know how that is possible and doesn't explain what happened that I am now unable to access this particular drive.

Does anyone have ANY ideas as to what the problem could be? It makes no sense that there should so many steps to change something that was fine yesterday.

Continue reading...

Back