Windows 10 Surface Pro 7 i7 16 GB out-of-box Windows 10 Updates Failing to Install

• Thread starter Thread starter Harvey_R
  • Start date Start date
H

Harvey_R

Microsoft pay attention:

Q. Please provide me with a way to remove or otherwise render the failed updates in the Windows 10 environment that actually works. The Troubleshooter doesn't work. I am unable to change the "softwaredistribution" folder name or delete its contents with normal user prowess; not that I should have to take this tact.

Opinion:

1. I am a civil engineer and have been using computers since I learned to punch cards in Redwood City in the 70's in high school class.

2. Since Windows is taking control, take responsible charge and address these questions with definitive answers or just own up and say you don't know your own system. I gave up understanding Windows in the 1980'. So, I am like 99.9% of all users now.

3. I am on my second day of initializing a new Surface Pro 7 i7. The first one was returned with a bad display or other hardware issue as determined by MS technician. What a time suck. Never got through Windows 10 updates on that Surface Pro 7. I am on the second Windows 10 update process now.

4. If I built public works infrastructure like this for your drinking water system as the professional engineer in responsible charge, you would hate me and I would be in violation of my professional regulations! Hates not good, buck up.

Continue reading...

Back