Windows 10 Surface Pro 7 i7 16 GB Windows 10 Up-to-date. two external monitors duplicate but do not extend?

• Thread starter Thread starter Harvey_R
  • Start date Start date
H

Harvey_R

I recently updated my Surface Pro 4 with a Version 7, Updated everything including Docking Station. I have used two external large monitors for years with the Surface Pro 4 Display options for "Extend Desktop to 2 and 3"; Yesterday, the displays were not extended to my external displays 2 and 3 but duplicated. Both displays 2 and 3 are connected and function fine through the "Extend desktop to this display" option available in "Multiple Displays", Display, Settings through the normal Windows control panel. The "Project" screen for display options also shows selection of "Extend". The 3rd display is not shown in the "Rearrange your displays" screen and shows "2/3" as duplicated. This screen normally showed the Surface Internal screen as Display 1, Samsung LU28R55 as Display 2, and the second Samsung LU28R55 as display 3. That is the way I have had it for years with a Surface Pro 4 and my new Surface Pro 7 now--well until yesterday.

So what is going on gurus? I don't have time for this unpredictability.

All up to date on Windows and drivers.

Restarted serval times.

Cleared Cache in Reg.

Continue reading...

Back