Windows 10 System files mixed

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubhamkar Gorde
  • Start date Start date
S

Shubhamkar Gorde

Hi, I am an old user of windows 10. I updated my HP laptop(Windows 10 V.1909) to 20H2 update on 14th March. After the update everything was fine, but on 19th March when my online class was near the end, I mistakenly restarted my laptop instead of shutdown, but after 1-2 minutes it was showing 'getting things ready', and then after 'working on updates'. I didn't update my laptop after 14th march, and I didn't get any notification of restart(after installing the update In the background, i didn't know). And then after I came back after 20 minutes i saw that the screen was completely back, I could hear the fan, hard disk noise, but everything was blank on the screen. Then I forcefully shut it down by pressing the power button for 3 seconds. Then I turned on the laptop it showed HP icon as normal, and then it showed 'preparing automatic repair' and then 'please wait while we install a system update', and then the laptop shut down and then again the same preparing automatic..............., please wait while .......... the same happened continuously. I tried to enter advanced startup by continuously pressing the escape key then it showed please wait....and then again the same happened. After an hour I created a windows 10 bootable USB from my brother's laptop, and then plugged it in, and then it showed install windows 10, I clicked on repair, then the advanced startup came, but I tried everything to recover my laptop, tried cmd, system restore, startup repair, but an error occurred in every step and there was no option for reset this pc or safe boot. So I installed fresh windows 10 and then after i thought my files will be deleted( there was an option for keep personal files or something, i don't remember, but I didn't know on which drive to install win 10). It took around 5-6 hours to complete, after the whole setup, i found my personal files safe in 'New Volume C' drive which was of 730 GB (it was same as when i was using my pc before this startup error or when i was normally using my pc), and another drive 'Windows D'which was of 200 GB(before also the same and it was named System C before), and i came to know that the all system files were normal in d drive, but program files and program files(x86) were in C drive(windows 730 GB) and when i scanned both the drives for error the windows drive was normal, no issues were found, but for c drive it showed restart your oc to prevent loss of data, but i didn't do anything i just shut down and start my computer normally ignoring the warning. But every time i turn on my computer it showed on startup below the hp icon, to skip disk checking press any key within 8 seconds, then i pressed any key and then the pc started normally, and one issue i forgot to tell that when i start my pc after to skip disk che..... i was shown 3 windows 10 os then i entered on windows 10 on volume 4.
My question is that should i resart my pc to fix the drive error, if yes, then how long it would take, and will my personal files would be safe or not?
Refer the screenshot below for more info

Continue reading...

Back