Windows 10 "System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.

• Thread starter Thread starter Ocean Skye
  • Start date Start date
O

Ocean Skye

I keep my "system sounds" at a low volume (but not muted) via the "volume mixer"

when i get a notification, the "system sounds" slider resets back to 100%. (only while the mixer is closed, not when opened) and all system sounds become painfully loud, and a pet bird was startled to literal death. no worries she was old, probably in her 60s.

Is there any way i can force windows 10 settings be set?

Should I just disable all notifications until the settings slider position memory is fixed?

Should I manually edit all system sounds to be at a low volume, even if played at 100% ?

The issue occurs on three separate windows 10 home PCs. one is an upgrade from a decade old windows 7, another is 3 year old dell. and another is a brand custom built gaming pc. as of this writing, they all have no available remaining updates. so unless windows update is broken on all three very different PCs, they are on whatever the current version of windows 10 home, non-insider is. One similarity between the three PCs is that they are all using HDMI output audio from a graphics card (an ati 5850, and amd rx580, and an nVidia rtx 2060). (the only notifications ive been able to trigger on demand are windows defender threat notifications and download complete notifications)

If windows update is broken across all windows PCs world-wide, ask me what version of windows im on. If windows update has broken and unpredictable audio device drivers, ask me about my audio devices.

Continue reading...

Back