Windows 10 System taking up 100 percent disk usage while plugged in, but goes down to 1 or 2 percent while on battery....

• Thread starter Thread starter SankarSuresh
  • Start date Start date
S

SankarSuresh

Hey guys...

I have a Dell G3 3579 laptop with Intel core i5 8th gen, Nvidia GTX 1050 and a 1TB HDD with 8GB Optane...

My laptop froze while I was modelling on it, and I had to force shut down by holding down the power button for a few seconds. I switched it on again, and Automatic Repair had kicked in. Waited for almost 4 to 5 hours where it was on the same screen. Restarted again by force, and disk check had kicked in, showing me 999 hours to complete... Somehow, I got the laptop to start again, and boot. After logging in, the Task manager shows my HDD as an SSD, System takes up 100 % disk usage on power, and it goes down to 1 or 2% as I remove the power cord, and as it runs on battery. I plug it in again, and System disk usage goes back up to 100%... All windows updates were completed and I had the latest windows installed... so, there were no updates going on...

After a few tries to fix this, I formatted my C drive where windows was installed, and re-installed the October update 2020. Also after installation, I updated it to the latest version... But the problem still persists...

Any idea how to fix this? Thank you in advance...

-SS

Continue reading...

Back