Windows 10 Task Manager tells me I'm low on system memory, tells me to close some processes, and then hides all the background processes.

• Thread starter Thread starter dboggs95
  • Start date Start date
D

dboggs95

I was just working on my laptop when it starting sounding like a jet engine. "Oh here we go again," I thought, "Better kill those runaway Chromium processes again."

So I opened Task Manager and it says I'm low on memory and I should close some processes. That's great. It's exactly what I came here to do, except the processes I needed to close were no longer linked to a foreground app and this time the background processes were hidden!!!!

I looked all over for a button or something that would let me see the rest of task manager and found nothing. Luckily, I managed to drop it below the threshold to get the full Task Manager back.

Why does MS always have to take something that works and break it? I never had this problem on the old Task Manger, and this is a really stupid "feature" as it defeats the whole purpose of having a Task Manager. As a paying customer owning multiple licenses to Windows, is there a way I can put in a feature request to fix this or what?

Continue reading...

Back