Windows 10 The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

• Thread starter Thread starter marietto2008
  • Start date Start date
M

marietto2008

Hello to everyone.

At the beginning I'd installed windows 10 with the legacy BIOS-MBR boot mode,but since I needed a Windows 10 installation that was able to boot using the EFI partition style,I have converted the partition scheme from MBR to EFI with a tool and after this operation I have reinstalled Windows 10 from an old backup. This backup comes from the old BIOS/MBR installation of Windows 10. When I tried to boot Windows,I realized that it was not able to do that (no error message.but blinking cursor). because the EFI partition didn't exist. So,I have created a new FAT32 partition and I have repaired the EFI partition following this guide :

How to Restore Deleted EFI System Partition in Windows 10? | Windows OS Hub

it worked,infact I can use Windows 10 again,but only partially. Infact,since I need to put the "TESTSIGNING ON",when I give this command

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

I get this error :

The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

I tried a lot of methods to fix it,but right now unsuccesfully. Can someone help me ? thanks.

Continue reading...

Back