Windows 10 The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

• Thread starter Thread starter DanMillerPanasonic
  • Start date Start date
D

DanMillerPanasonic

I am running Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004, build 19041.172) on a desktop machine with utilizing a single SSD for the boot drive and Storage Spaces for all of my files. The storage spaces pool is using six physical drives for a total of 30 TB (27.2 actually) setup with Parity to make only a single virtual drive from the pool.

Everything has been fine up until yesterday. Since I have all of this extra time on my hands, I decided to clean up and organize the machine. I becan by upgrading the pool to optimize the drives. I waited until that was finished and then began moving files from my desktop to various library locations. I saved the download library for last, being the biggest.

When I finally got there, i received the above error message. It show up in explorer, with the appropriate icon, but the instant I click on it, it says that it's corrupted and unreadable.

I guarantee that I didn't do anything to it, because it has a couple of years of downloaded stuff and was probably 40-50 Gb.

All of my libraries are subfolders of the single pool drive.

My knee jerk reaction was to download some sort of disk corruption utility, but i wanted to see if I could do this maybe a better way. Isn't the whole idea of parity to keep these type of things from occurring?

There is some very important stuff in that directory. Please help me in recovering it!

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Continue reading...

Back