Windows 10 The printer/scanner/copier (HP deskjet 3050 J610) used with Windows 10.

• Thread starter Thread starter AsiaOnstage
  • Start date Start date
A

AsiaOnstage

The printer/ scanner/copier, HP deskjet3050 J610, I used with windows 7 was not compatible with Windows 10 until I downloaded an HP printer driver. At first the printer and scanner worked beautifully. I could choose either the printer or the scanner under the same icon. Today, to my surprise, the printer icon disappeared from my desktop. I downloaded the DJ3050-J610 driver and installed the device again. But the printer/scanner is not the same as before.

The scanner is not detected after clicking on the printer icon and opened it. The scanner can only be found after click to open HP All-in-One printer remote (Wondows 8, 8.1+ ) and choose the connection option ( USB001)" A new page will open,with 5 options: “Scan“, “Print Documents", "Print Photos", "HP Help &Support" and "Print Setting".

At this point, I can click on "scan" to activate the scanning function. The process is cumbersome. And it does not show a window for different choices.

My questions are: (1) how to make the scanner easily available like before, without going through all the steps? (2) Can I put the scanner icon on the desktop?

Continue reading...

Back