Windows 10 The remote device or resource won't accept the connection / The device or resource (PC-NAME) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and

• Thread starter Thread starter Skullleader69
  • Start date Start date
S

Skullleader69

Ok everyone. First let me say I have spent 4 hours trying everything I could find through google searches:

Here is what I am trying to do:

1. Create a Share on My Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 OS Build 1299.371 computer

2. Access said share from my Macintosh Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.6

3. Access the share I created under the network icon in Explorer from the same PC that I created the share.

I am NOT able to this from either device. I constantly get an error: "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection" with details statating "The device or resource (PC-NAME) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)".

Network Discovery Is Turned On

Anti-Virus is now Uninstalled

I have turned the firewall on or off does not matter.

I have added a rule to allow port 445

I have allowed File and Print Sharing over SMBDirect

I have edited the registry

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters
  • Change the value of MaintainServerList from Auto to Yes
  • If it is not there, add a new String Value IsDomainMaster and set it to True

I have enabled NetBois under Wins

I have run the SFC with a result of "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I have re-enabled Control Panel / Programs and Features / Turn Windows Features On or Off and make sure SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support

These services are all running:

• "Computer browsing" -> started
  • "Ssdp discovery" -> started
  • "Tcp/ip netbios helper" -> started
  • "Server" -> started

I have uninstalled and re-installed the network card.

NONE of these items has resolved the issue. Without going into a rant, it should not be this hard to share files.

Continue reading...

Back