Windows 10 The software shows 2 RAM slots but can't find the second slot?

• Thread starter Thread starter Baqir Abbas
  • Start date Start date
B

Baqir Abbas

Toshiba has ended support for laptops since 2016 so I am writing here. If anyone can help me, I would be very much grateful to you.

My laptop is Toshiba Satellite C55 B5296 (Windows 10 Home upgraded from Windows 8.1)

My laptop is about 10 years but fulfilled all my needs so never had to change it. It was running slow so I decided to upgrade the RAM. I go to the task manager and it shows this so I thought; Yes I can upgrade my RAM.

Just to make sure I also run a third-party software(CPU-Z) to make sure;

It also show dual RAM configuration. I dissemble my laptop and I only see 1 slot. I thought maybe there's another layer to dissemble but nothing. Where is the second slot all the programs were showing me?

Later I managed to pull this out from the internet and it shows everything completely differently.

It shows everything completely differently. It says the RAM is not user upgradable. Then why on Earth are the task manager and CPU-Z misguiding me, and even more it didn't even mention that the system is using DDR3L. The programs only showed DDR3. Why did these programs misguide me the entire time from the beginning? And is there still a way to upgrade my RAM?

Continue reading...

Back