Windows 10 the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder

• Thread starter Thread starter tony32
  • Start date Start date
T

tony32

When I run the task scheduler it shows a folder for 'MySQL' with a subfolder for 'Installer' which contains a task called 'ManifestUpdate'. This runs at midnight every night. This was created a long time ago, but since the latest update to Windows 10 this entry has been causing problems. Whenever I run the MySQL Installer program it checks to see if this entry exists in the task scheduler, but it always hangs. I have tried to delete and recreate this entry, but although I can delete the task I cannot delete the task folders as it keeps coming up with the message "the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder". I have tried various "fixes" I have found on the web, including the following:

1) Deleting entries from the 'Tasks_Migrated' Folder.

2) Manually deleting the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\MySQL folder.

Even though I have tried rebooting after each of the above actions when I run the Task Scheduler again the MySQL\Installer folders reappear, and I cannot delete them. They also reappear in the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks folder.

I have exactly the same setup on a second PC which does not exhibit any problems, and I have tried exporting this task to an XML file, but when I try to import it into my first PC I get the error "The format of the task is not valid. The following error was reported: (1,2)::ERROR: one root element".

Why can I delete the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\MySQL folder from within the file explorer, but not the Task Scheduler?

Why does this folder reappear when I run the Task Scheduler after deleting it in the file system? How does it get recreated?

Why can't I import this task into this PC from a perfectly valid task which I have exported from another PC with a duplicate setup?

Continue reading...

Back