Windows 10 There is no way to back out of creating a PIN for Windows 10 once you accidentally click the button before you've even logged in. WHY

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnLockeTheOG
  • Start date Start date
J

JohnLockeTheOG

I don't know which would be more charitable, to attribute this design decision to outright hostile design practices, or to such incalculably massive incompetence. If you so much as accidentally hit the option to create a PIN for logging in, then you are forced into the process of creating a PIN despite the fact that you need to log in TWICE to do this (once with the local password and then once with the microsoft account login details), and despite the fact that the operating system runs in regular mode in the background during the entirety of this process as evidenced by the fact that you can alt-tab to different windows which are covered up by this absolutely INFURIATING commandment that I create a PIN. Literally, the OS has everything I want to do running in the background, but because I accidentally hit some "create a PIN" button which IS NOT LABELLED AS A "CREATE A PIN" BUTTON, I am now held captive by my OS.

I understand that what I need to do is to 1) create the PIN and then 2) go deep into my settings to remove it.

I want a no-BS answer on WHY this design decision was made. This was not a mistake or fluke in design. This was intentional. You have to go above and beyond the normal process of creating a regular window to create one which is /always fullscreen/ and which /sits on top of anything you can tab to/, which /locks you out of pressing the home button/, and which /contains no buttons to minimize or exit/. This is malicious design. I want to know why. This violates so many principles of design. Why.

Continue reading...

Back