Windows 10 This is still not solved after literally years of people posting about it. Stop ignoring this problem. Windows bluetooth drivers are an absolute joke.

• Thread starter Thread starter Cliff222
  • Start date Start date
C

Cliff222

PAUSING ANY MEDIA MUTES ALL AUDIO.

This has been posted about previously on these forums with no solution:

No sound after i pause video (while using headphones)

and

Windows 10 mutes Bluetooth audio after Pause button is pressed

It's also been complained about extensively on the spotify support forums, because people think its stemming from that specific program (it's not):

Pausing Spotify Playback "Mutes" ALL Audio Playback On My Computer

and

Pausing spotify mutes audio on entire computer when using bluetooth earphones

and

Spotify Mutes All Programs

There are many more on spotify, including the same problem happening on Mac.

It's also been complained about on the google chrome forums:

Bluetooth headphones. Pausing a video mutes all audio. - Google Chrome Help

and

No Sound After Pause Video - Google Chrome Help

and again, many more.

It's also been posted a bunch on various mac support forums, because apparently they face a similar issue.

So, I'm not sure how long Microsoft wants to let other companies' tech support deal with this issue.

To reiterate the problem:

Pausing any media will mute all audio. For example, I will have a game open, discord voice chat open, and a youtube video playing in google chrome. If I pause the youtube video, it will mute the game and discord. Playing the video again will bring back all the sound (or closing the tab). The same thing happens with Spotify's desktop app, or with any other media player like VLC, or any other video site in chrome (for example twitch - or even Mixer, since we're on Microsoft's site).

This is not a driver problem. Drivers for all USB, bluetooth and anything audio related are all updated.

All audio enhancements are turned off.

"Allow applications exclusive control of this device" is turned off.

The "communications" part of the sounds section that reduces phone volume is turned off.

The "stereo" bluetooth device is set as default, and the "hands-free" bluetooth device (in playback and recording) is disabled.

This needs an actual response. Bluetooth has been a mess forever on Windows, and this is just such a massive example of that continuing. Why does a $100 phone handle bluetooth better....?

Continue reading...

Back