Windows 10 Top half screen is shown at the bottom, possibly a hardware issue. How do I claim a warranty now that stores are closed?

• Thread starter Thread starter {iliya}
  • Start date Start date
I

{iliya}

A while ago I purchased a Lenovo laptop with a warranty at a physical Microsoft store. The issue with my laptop is that the top of my screen is also being shown at the bottom of my screen. It used to flicker there but now it's just constant and translucent, taking up 1/3 of my screen.

I'm not sure how to really describe it but it's as if someone were to copy an image of the screen, turn the opacity down to ~40%, paste it on top of the screen, and move it down.

I've already tried changing refresh rates, switching between intel and nvidia graphics, updating/reinstalling drivers, uninstalling and restarting in safe mode, and starting with a fresh install of windows 10. I'm almost 100% sure it's a hardware issue because when I boot the laptop up, there's a line of white pixels going horizontally across the screen and the screen problem happens during the startup and in safe mode as well.

Since stores are closed, where do I go to claim the warranty?

The Store Closures FAQ tells me to go to the PerformanceGuard Hub to get support. Logging in didn't work and there was no sign-up button until I just went to their base website (nothing after .com/). When I created an account and tried to search for my warranty with my name, address, and phone number, it said that there aren't any protection plans that match.

Continue reading...

Back