Windows 10 Touch screen is too sensitive

• Thread starter Thread starter ErikDougall
  • Start date Start date
E

ErikDougall

So to start off I'm running an HP x360 Convertible 15-bp1xx laptop 2-in-1

My issue is with my touchscreen. Because I use my laptop in tablet mode to make art, (usually running Krita but my issue has to do with any program I'm running or not running) and I need to be able to rest my palm on my laptop as it's comfortable and allows for better stabilization when drawing. However, when I rest my palm it often makes marks on my page because it activates the touchscreen, along with whatever mark my stylus makes. Usually I don't notice these marks as they're covered by my palm when they're made, and by the time I do recognize them they're too far back to undo or I've made some deliberate lines with my stylus that I don't want to undo. Sometimes I'm able to erase them, but if they're on the same layer and cover something I've already drawn I have to erase that as well, and it's a big hassle.

I have checked the box "ignore touch input when I'm using pen" but it still registers my palm.

I have even gone so far as to purchase one of those special artist's gloves that's supposed to provide a barrier between the screen and my palm. I splurged and went for the one with extra padding to ensure it would reject my palm, yet still it makes the marks.

What I am looking for is a drop box or slider that allows me to change how sensitive my touchscreen is, or something that means I have to press harder on the screen to activate the touchscreen.

I have already tried calibrating my screen, this did the opposite effect. Calibrating my screen if anything has made it "better" or easier for me to

touch my screen, and it better recognizes my hand now. This is not what I want.

I DO NOT want info on how to change my touchPAD settings, as this is not an issue with my mouse cursor or sensitivity on the touchpad, this is for my touch SCREEN.

Please help, I would greatly like to be able to make art without having to worry about dots and smudges that I have to deal with every 30 seconds.

Continue reading...

Back