Windows 10 Transferred photos and videos showing grossly exaggerated file sizes. Cannot transfer or open.

• Thread starter Thread starter Fmb1993
  • Start date Start date
F

Fmb1993

I believe I have stumbled upon some odd bug. Running windows 10 build 1909. I have a folder full of family photos, I went to copy them on to my backup and noticed the file sizes were huge. The whole folder is apparently 68tb and checking size on TreeSize shows the same. The allocated size for the whole folder is 16.1 GB which is much more reasonable. I cannot transfer or even open images as they are too big. Each image shows a total size of 19.6 GB each, where as allocated size is much smaller, into kb in some cases. All folders and files show the 2 blue arrows and have the compression box ticked in settings if this helps.

Is this a known bug? Any fixes? 3000+ photos of the kids to lose is devastating, and the original source is long sold. These were transferred from an iPhone if that makes a difference.

I have tried moving, compressing, changing names, deleting all files with names above 255 characters, accessing in safe mode but nothing seems to work. Next stage is reseting as I cannot roll back from last sets of updates but thought I'd try and post for some help first!

Continue reading...

Back