Windows 10 Tried getting help in the thread "Wifi Network is crashing several times a day after updating KB4601382..." no responses. Do I have a Corrupted profil

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike J.707
  • Start date Start date
M

Mike J.707

I originally added my question to that of Tanja84DK - Microsoft Community - but I did not get any responses after a few days.

Shortly after installing, my Bluetooth adapter disappeared from my system. The adapter is half of the functionality of one of the newer combo NVME cards. The other half is an AC WiFI card. That continued to work without a hitch. After a lot of diagnostics and hours of pouring over the info available on the forums, it appeared that not only had the adapter disappeared from Windows, it refused to even try to recognize it any more. As far as Windows was concerned, I did not have it installed. Any diagnostics that I ran showed it working perfectly.

At the same time the Feedback Hub and Windows Store stopped working. I get a spinning circle like they were working on it, and then the following error codes;

Windows Store

Code: 0x80131500

CV: 9SMKd7CUMUONlzXo

And from Feedback Hub I get;

Try again Later

Something went wrong.

Both refused to work

I followed all of your steps above, most of which I had tried many times before without any change or solution to the problems.

Until I got to your last instruction, creating a new user to see if the profile was corrupt. I've experienced profile corruption before, and I was sure this was not it. But I wanted to test all your steps... and it worked. As soon as I logged in on another user, the Bluetooth adapter 'reappeared', and both Windows Store and Feedback Hub work instantly.

I figured I was on a roll, so I followed the instructions of Paul Navera, a little further down, and chose a restore point a little before the problem began. It took 10 minutes or so, but it failed.

From previous experience, this was not going to be fun. I was sure I was going to have to perform a full reinstall, as all the other restore points threw the same error. Then I noticed that my Bluetooth adapter was back. I tried both the Windows Store and Feedback Hub, and they do not work, same errors as before.

Suggestions?

EDIT: Scope of the issue is always relevant - I have had Bluetooth, Windows Store and Feedback Hub all start acting up 4 times now, and ended up doing a reinstall that allowed me to save my files, after trying all the less destructive options. 12-14 hours of work each time just to get them configured and all my programs installed and working.

EDIT^2: Another issue that shows up is that when this problem occurs, whatever is doing it changes the settings on and/or disables several random services. I have to go back through and check every service to see how it's supposed to be set, and whether it's running or not.

Continue reading...

Back